Have you discovered your “why” yet? Why are you building a business? Is it to send your child to college? Is it to pay off debts? Is it to make a living that is comfortable for you? Maybe you desire to retire early and you want something that can continue to grow without much work. What is your “why”?
Why is it so important?
- Knowing your “why” will keep you from chasing all the new “shiny objects”
- It will help you push past days of tiredness and discouragement
- It will keep you focused on the big picture and where you want to go in life
Knowing your “why is crucial to having a sustaining, healthy, growing, thriving business. Have you given it much thought? Having a clear vision will help you to continue forward even when everything around you seems to be not working.
Here is my recommendation to you:
- Take some time and really focus on why you are doing what you are doing. This is serious enough that I would set aside an afternoon or a day until it is very clear in your head. What do you hope to accomplish once you reach that place?
- Write it down. This is so important. When we write down our “why”… it helps us to articulate even better where we are going. It brings it into sharper focus.
- Keep it in front of you everyday! Read it out loud daily. Visually make sure it is at your work station. So when you are busy working your business, you’ll see it as a constant reminder to keep pressing through no matter how tired, discouraged or even energized that you feel.
- Share it with others. This keeps you accountable. When others know, not only can they check in with you at times to see if you are accomplishing it… they can also hold you accountable to succeeding in it. Although this may be hard, it actually helps tremendously. One of my goals is to have a business that is growing so much so that my husband can quit his job and join me in it. I expect that to happen come January 2013. So I’ve shared it with many! Why? By putting it out there for the world to see, it adds a degree of “healthy pressure” that keeps me pushing myself to achieve it. Will I succeed? Absolutely! Which leads me to number five:
- Believe in yourself! If you don’t believe in you, who will? Become your biggest cheerleader, fan and supporter. Learn to encourage yourself everyday by reminding yourself that you CAN do it! That you CAN accomplish your goals! That you CAN achieve your “why”. There is power in words… and we need to remind ourselves daily what we are capable of accomplishing!
Listen… you may not know all the steps to reach your goals… but if you know your “why”, you’ll have the motivation to find out what you need to do next. And if you need help, we’re here for you as well. Reach out to us. We’ll help lead you to discover those specific steps. Like you, we want you to accomplish your “why” as well!
You can do it! I believe in you!
To schedule a FREE Coaching Session, fill out the form on the right side of this page when you visit our website: www.expectsuccessglobal.com