What we say drastically affects our life. We need to be aware of our words and if they are positive or negative. That’s where daily affirmations come in. What is an affirmation? It is a statement that affirms that something is true. We want to fill our days with affirmations that will help us succeed.
The best affirmations to say are about things that you want.
The more that you speak your goals out loud, the more you start to believe them. You can speak affirmations about becoming healthier, making more money, or repairing relationships. Whatever type of affirmation that you have, make sure that it is positive and helpful. You want to try to avoid speaking about the negative things in life.
Even the Bible addresses the importance of our words.
Psalms 33:9 says, “For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.” This is referring to the creation of the world. God spoke it into existence. We are all here because God spoke. And Proverbs 18:21 states, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” This scripture clearly spells out that our words have the power of death and life. That is so powerful! It also means that we need to be careful of what we say.
Many times the problems that people experience in life are because of words that someone else told them years ago. Maybe a teacher or parent said something like, “You’ll never go anywhere in life” to a child, and that stuck with them for many years. We have to be careful with what we say to others, but also what we say to ourselves. More important than what anyone else has ever told us is what we believe about ourselves.
We need to believe what we speak about ourselves.
Affirmations are many times goals that we haven’t accomplished yet. But when speaking an affirmation, we need to believe what we are saying. If we don’t believe it, it has a lot less effect. And the more you believe an affirmation, the more you subconsciously start changing your self-image.
Here are some tips how to create a good affirmation:
- Keep it simple and specific. Make sure you are specific with what you want to achieve, but also keep your sentence simple.
- Write it out positively and in the present tense. After coming up with an affirmation, write it down. Make sure it is in the present tense and positive.
- See it daily. Look at your affirmations daily and read through them.
- Say it daily. Say your affirmations out loud, preferably 10 times a day.
- Write it daily. Write down your affirmations daily. Writing them out helps keep them in your mind and helps you focus on them. It also helps a lot to write and say them at the same time. Say it with passion and belief and you will get the most out of it.
The words we speak are so important to the lives we live. They affect what we do and don’t do on an everyday basis. Start becoming aware of what you’re saying and start to say positive things every day. The better you speak, the better your life will become.
If you would like more information about affirmations or speaking positively, check out our Master Training Center, or request your complimentary coaching session today!