Visions are incredibly important. Without a vision, you just go where life takes you, and you usually end up in a place where you don’t want to be. If you want to live the life of your dreams, you need to clarify your vision. Visions that become real to you are what allow you to live the life you want. They inspire you to do the actions necessary to get to where you want to go in any aspect of your life.
First off, what is a vision?
A vision is a clear mental picture of what could be.
It’s the picture that you see in your mind when you imagine how you want your life to be in the future. A vision can cover many areas in your life, such as: fun, physical, health, mental, learning, personal, family, social, spiritual, relational, financial, professional, or business. Any area that you want to work on in the future you can have a vision about. If you have a picture of where you’re going, there’s a better chance you’ll get there.
Visions provide direction and inspire change.
We need to have a direction of where we’re going. If we don’t, we’ll just wander around aimlessly and get nowhere. But if we focus on our vision, it makes us want to change our life and we will take actions to get closer to the life we want.
Visions are what shape the future.
They allow us to personally design our future in advance. It’s really exciting that we can design the way that we want our lives to turn out right now.
They also create positive tension between where you are and where you want to be.
When you really feed your visions, you start wanting to accomplish them as soon as possible. When I say feed, I mean that you make your vision real to you. You speak it out loud, you think about it, you write it down, you even start to dream about it. The more time that you spend to make a vision become real to you, the more you are pulled toward accomplishing the vision. So it inspires you to take the required actions to realize the vision.
Now, ask yourself, “Do I live my life by design or default?” In the areas that you are just living by default, decide to create a vision that will get you to where you want to be in the future. Here are some tips to use when you are creating your visions:
- Take fear, doubt, and worry out when you design your vision. Don’t start to fear the future or think about how hard your vision may be. When you are designing the life that you want, don’t let yourself be held back by worry or doubt. They will hinder your success.
- Write it in the present tense. Don’t write your visions in the future tense, but instead write them as if they are actually happening now. It makes it more real and brings more belief when you write and speak your visions as if they are already happening.
- Write what you want, not what you don’t want. Don’t write visions that tell you what you are not. Get specific with how you want to actually be in the future.
- Your vision should be without limits and make you feel passionate and alive. You want to plan things that make you passionate about life. Your visions should inspire you enough that you want to go out and achieve them. So pick things that you really want to happen.
- Once you have your vision written down, use all of your senses. Speak it out loud. Make a vision board so that you can visually see what you want. Let yourself feel the emotions you’d have if you were to accomplish a vision. You want to do what you can to get yourself excited about your vision, but to also make sure you keep it in your mind. If you write it down once and never look at it again, you won’t accomplish it. You need to keep thinking about it.
One of the most important things to remember is to not give up on your visions.
If they don’t happen instantly, that’s normal. These take a lot of time to fully accomplish. You just need to stick with them, and soon you’ll reach them.