Traditional advertising has changed and if you don’t adopt this new methodology, you may be left in the dust.
Three Major Changes
1) Consumers do their own research.
Consumers are smarter and better equipped to make buying decisions than ever before. Most people don’t even go to a restaurant without checking reviews. They will not only look up reviews about you but they also can gain product knowledge just by doing some simple research on the internet.
2) Consumers like to BUY but they HATE being bombarded with hard sells ads.
Do you like it when a pushy sales person (or pushy advertising) is obviously only try to sell you? If you don’t like it, be careful to make sure your advertising and selling practices don’t go down this road.
3) Consumers ignore most things.
We have so much information coming our way it is almost impossible to look at it all. Most people don’t even answer their phones. Emails are deleted or ignored without a second thought.
Here’s The Answer:
So how do you reach your prospects in a world of overwhelming advertising, and where consumers are generally ignoring most things?
You don’t advertise to them or bombard them with information.
You help them.
Consumers still have problems, needs and desires. Don’t just focus on educating them about your product but focus on helping them solve their problems and needs and fulfill their desires.
Inbound Marketing Is the Key
- Inbound Marketing is all about ATTRACTING your prospects to you instead of pushing your product on them.
- Inbound Marketing is all about creating content that will help your target audience, start a relationship, answer their questions and solve their problems.
- Once you start developing a relationship, your prospects will begin to trust you and be curious about how you can solve their problems and fulfill their desires.
- Someone who knows you and trusts you, buys from you.
One Way to Get Started
- Start a blog.
- Create blog content that helps your target audience. Keep creating new posts on a consistent basis. Consistency is very important.
- What are the issues your target customer has? Write your answers in the form of a blog. Show your target audience how to solve their problems.
- What are the objections or questions that you get frequently? Write a blog about each one.
- Make sure your blogs have the right keywords for the customers you are wanting to attract. Also make sure they are optimized and leveraged properly.
If you do this, your blogs will start to rank for all sorts of keywords. When your target customers are searching for the answers to their questions they land on your blog post. Next, you’ll want to get them to opt in to your email list.
Here’s a simple formula to write effective blogs:
- Identify problems your target customer has.
- Write articles about them.
- Publish them on your blog.
- Promote those posts though your email list, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Potential customers find them, read them, then see you as an authority.
- They get curious about your solutions.
- They join your email list.
- Send them more answers to their questions with an opportunity to contact you.
- Some of them will respond and contact you.
- Talk with them and/or follow up consistently.
If you do this properly, you’ll have leads coming to you. You’ll have people booking their own meetings with YOU!
Most people don’t have time to consistently write blogs, proof them, optimize them and receive the benefits from them. It takes a long time and a lot of effort even for someone who is a skilled writer.
This is a good strategy but only one of the things we at Expect Success Global do when we help our customers generate more business. Getting pre-qualified leads coming to you is so much better than cold calling.
Even if you don’t cold call, this will help you attract new customers. If you would like to discuss how we can get your website more traffic or how we can get you more leads consistently, call us at (623) 362-2900 or email us at Sales@ExpectSuccessGlobal.com